The goal of Ross Institute is to provide access for all children to a learning environment which cultivates the skill sets, values and sensibilities necessary to succeed in a global society. We seek passionate individuals committed to this vision. Ross Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently seeking to fill the following position:
Full Stack C#, .Net - Azure Cloud Developer
Ross Institute seeks a backend developer to work on a custom online content delivery platform comprising an integrated K12 curriculum and suite of digital educational tools, including assignment and lesson plan builders. This is a seven-month, full-time position starting immediately with the possibility of extending 6 months. The position can be remote (within USA) with flexibility to travel to East Hampton, NY on occasion, as needed.
- Analyze, define and prioritize business requirements.
- Develop and operate Framework-driven C# ASP.NET MVC web applications, and write stored procedures for Microsoft SQL server.
- Leverage AZURE security and data protection components, enhance and build JSON API endpoints and WSDL and SOAP where appropriate.
- Architect enterprise-level solutions with a focus on security and performance.
- Create reusable templates and frameworks that can be used to support reporting and dashboards.
- Seek to automate workflows and data feeds that are currently done manually.
- Debug applications and detect and fix errors.
- Document application changes through appropriate change control and Jira.
- BS in Computer Science or related field.
- 3 to 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of cloud computing services such as Azure.
- Experience building web-based applications using ASP.NET MVC and SQL Server.
- Experience writing SQL Server stored procedures, SQL optimization and schema design.
- Familiarity with: CKEditor 4.X, Typography, Telerik Controls, Kendo UI, Azure Resources, Rawgit, Bootstrap CDN, CDN JS, jsDeliver, YouTube iFrame API, Vimeo API, MathJAX, bySlider, CreateJS, ZeptoJS and D3 JS.
- Experience working with third party APIs and RESTful APIs.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Ross Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidate must sign a confidentiality agreement. Please submit resume, cover letter and project portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit ross.org/jobs for opportunities at Ross School.