The goal of Ross Institute is to provide access for all children to a learning environment which cultivates the skill sets, values and sensibilities necessary to succeed in a global society. We seek passionate individuals committed to this vision. Ross Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
User Experience / User Interface Designer
Ross Institute seeks a talented UX / UI designer to work on a custom online content delivery platform comprising an integrated K12 curriculum and suite of digital educational tools, including assignment and lesson plan builders. This is a year-long, full-time position starting immediately with the possibility of extension. Candidates willing to commit 20–30 hrs per week will also be considered. The position may be based in East Hampton, NY or in New York City, with flexibility to travel to East Hampton 1-2x/month, as needed.
- Collaborate with design team to define and implement solutions for product direction, visuals and experience
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and rationalize designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback
- Demonstrable UX and UI design skills with a strong portfolio with documented design process
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, or other visual design and wire-framing tools
- Experience working effectively with developers
- Knowledge of current UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- BS/MS in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or equivalent experience
- Experience in educational projects highly preferred
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Ross Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidate must sign a confidentiality agreement. Please submit resume, cover letter and portfolio of work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for opportunities at Ross School.